Tuesday, 14 January 2014
Test Readiness Review Checklist
A while back I wrote about using test readiness reviews as part of test governance toolbox : http://testing4tw.blogspot.dk/2013/12/are-you-ready-for-testing.html
I came across my test readiness review checklist, and thought I would share it:
Deliveries to test:
· Is feature list complete and updated?
· Are some features not ready for test?
· Have previous test phase been completed?
· Does the delivery contain known errors / shortcomings?
· Are test cases ready and reviewed?
· Have test cases been set up in test tool?
· Are test cases involving 3rd party stakeholders discussed and agreed?
· Has test log and reporting templates been prepared for the test?
· Has invites been sent for test readiness review, and test status meetings for the test to come?
Test Data and Environment:
· Is test data load needed, planned and detailed?
· Is test data requirements in place and supported in test environment?
· Is the environment configured according to expectations?
· Has deploys of test builds been scheduled?
· Are there any know environment outages (upgrades etc.) in the test period?
Aside from above you need to obtain a statement of: “We are ready and able to execute test from date X” from all stakeholders in the test phase to come.
Have a nice day & Happy testing!